Updated March 31, 2021
Covid-19 Policies help keep camp safe while having fun!
We will keep the health and safety of our campers as our highest priority when making decisions regarding camp operations. As we continue to look at a variety of options for our precautions this summer, there are a few things we know we are going to be doing:
We will continue to gather information from the CDC, American Camp Association, and State and Local Governments in regards to masking, and social distancing in our outdoor setting, along with when testing is needed.
Key Core Principles:
- We will be outside as much as possible where masks will not be required.
- We will be providing a Prescreening Tool for self-assessment prior to your camper’s week.
- We will be keeping our day camp groups together as much as possible to limit exposure risks. These groups will be called cohorts. Campers will spend the majority of their camp week with their cohort. Cohorts will not be larger than 20 campers, till further notice (if permitted by government guidelines).
- We will serve meals buffet style and eat outdoors when possible within our cohort groups. We will maintain best practices by being spread further apart while eating along with excellent hygiene practices.
- We will retain social distancing between cohorts at all communal gatherings.
- We have installed a new air ventilation/purification system.
- We have added hand sanitizer stations all around camp in addition to our restrooms. Staff will be sure that staff and campers alike maintain excellent hand hygiene, as we always do, because proper hygiene should always be maintained.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of common areas will be done by SKY Camp Staff.
I understand the need for social interaction and keeping kids safe. I know camp is another one of those decisions that has to made with very careful consideration for parents and I want all our camper families to know they can reach out to us with questions or concerns at any time. Our COVID-19 policies may change from time to time in line with recommendations and/or government requirements, and I know this could be a game changer for you. If at any time, our COVID-19 policy updates do not work for your family we will refund your payment in full up to one week of your registered camp date(s). If you would like to reach out with questions or concerns prior to registering, please feel free to contact me.